PE and Sport Funding
The government provides additional funding for primary schools to improve the provision of Physical Education (PE) and Sport.
Our Intention for PE and School Sport
- To ensure that children benefit from high quality Physical Education as part of the school curriculum and that staff benefit from continuing professional development;
- To provide opportunities for competitive school sport for all children who wish to take part;
- To encourage children to take part in School Sports and PE;
- To identify, enthuse and engage with children and families who are less likely to choose sports and exercise as a lifestyle choice;
- To increase the number of children who take part in after-school sports clubs by offering a wider range of activities;
- To work in partnership with other organisations and school to maximise the potential of School Sports and PE;
- To motivate pupils to participate in a range of sporting activities.
- To educate pupils on making positive choices to lead healthy lifestyles
- To develop pupil competence to excel in a broad range of physical activities
- To develop character, life skills and social connections