PE and Sport Funding
The government provides additional funding for primary schools to improve the provision of Physical Education (PE) and Sport.
The allocation of PE and Sports Premium for this financial year 2022-2023 is £16,850
- To ensure that children benefit from high quality Physical Education as part of the school curriculum and that staff benefit from continuing professional development;
- To provide opportunities for competitive school sport for all children who wish to take part;
- To encourage children to take part in School Sports and PE;
- To identify, enthuse and engage with children and families who are less likely to choose sports and exercise as a lifestyle choice;
- To increase the number of children who take part in after-school sports clubs by offering a wider range of activities;
- To work in partnership with other organisations and school to maximise the potential of School Sports and PE;
- To motivate pupils to participate in a range of sporting activities.
- To educate pupils on making positive choices to lead healthy lifestyles
- To develop pupil competence to excel in a broad range of physical activities
- To develop character, life skills and social connections
How we will implement this:
- £3000 Sports Coach (2 Lunchtimes per week plus an after-school club)
- £6000 PE and Sports Leader
- £180 Bikeability (Y6)
- £1000 Transport costs for coaches/minibuses to matches and Swimming
- £1000 Equipment
- £1200 Forest School
- £4,600 set aside for additional specialist sports activities and after-school clubs
Intended Impact on pupils’ participation by July 2023:
- 100% of pupils will participate in quality coaching during the school week.
- All pupils will take part in at least one intra-school active competition and over two thirds of KS2 pupils will take part in inter school competitions. A third of EY/KS1 pupils will take part in competitions.
- Two thirds of pupils in Years 1-6 to have taken part in an after school sports club.
- 100% of pupils will take part in physical activity during Outdoor Adventurous Activities and sport themed weeks.
- 100% of pupils will be inspired by more unusual sports which they may not otherwise have the opportunity to access.
- Pupils will receive quality coaching and training in preparation for matches/competitions.
- 100% of pupils will learn about making healthy mental and physical health choices
- Teachers will be improving their skills in teaching PE and especially learning about new sports.
- Children have been exposed to more PE and are more enthusiastic to participate in physical activity.
- School is better resourced to continue teaching the variety of sports introduced.
- Children will be motivated by competition to want to take part in more sports.
- Outdoor Adventurous activities and sporting opportunities will support pupils’ mental and physical health
- Pupils will learn to lead healthy lifestyles in their future live