Our School Vision and Values
A Small School on a Big Adventure...
Our Vision and Aims
Our children will be part of an adventurous, caring family. They will have the courage to meet challenges and to learn creatively, making full use of our outstanding natural environment.
- Provide the highest quality education, emphasising enjoyment in lifelong learning, and ensuring that children are well prepared for a successful future.
- Ensure that children feel secure and confident as individuals, and work well as part of a team.
- Ensure that all members of the school community feel valued and respect all others, contributing to the overall richness and success of the school.
- Develop all children to their full potential, recognising and supporting the needs of individual children.
- Encourage all children to become responsible, independent learners who think deeply about the world around them and understand the interdependence we have with individuals, our community and nations.
- Develop, in children, a high degree of excellence in English, Maths and Science combined with a love of learning across the whole curriculum
- Insist on and instil positive attitudes towards punctuality, reliability, appearance and cleanliness.
- Ensure our children and staff represent our values of: Being Caring, Being Creative and showing Courage in everything they do.
We care for ourselves, for each other, for the people in our local community and in the world beyond. We celebrate success, support those who face difficulties and value everyone for who they are and for their different contributions to our school life.
We are creative in our approach to learning in the classroom, in our outdoor space and through developing skills in forest school. Our children express themselves, not only through the written and spoken word, but also through music, dance, drama, art and crafts.
Our children have the courage to face mental and physical challenges in their learning and in their lives. They have the staying power to succeed by being adaptable and inventive, and by working together to overcome the problems encountered along the way.
Brook Primary School follow and promote British Values throughout the school:
- The Rule of Law
- Individual Liberty
- Mutual Respect
- Tolerance for those of different faiths and beliefs